Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Malice of Crows (The Shadow #3) by Lila Bowen

Malice of Crows (The Shadow, #3)
The sequel to Conspiracy of Ravens and third novel in Lila Bowen's widely-acclaimed Shadow series. 
The Ranger known as Rhett has shut down a terrible enterprise running on the blood of magical folk, but failed to catch the dark alchemist behind it. And now the Shadow refuses to let him rest. 
Rhett must make the ultimate transformation if he has any hope of stopping the alchemist or fulfilling his destiny; he must become the leader of a new Rangers outpost.
To save his friends, and the lives of countless others, he'll first have to lead them on a mission more dangerous than anything they've ever faced.
Review
First of all, if you have not read the first 2 books, Wake of Vultures and Conspiracy of Ravens, you should do that. Now. 

Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1)        Conspiracy of Ravens (The Shadow, #2)

For those of you haven't read the first 2 books in The Shadow series, I will try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible. 

This book is AWESOME, and it's absolutely HILARIOUS! It's not often that I read a book that makes me laugh out loud like that. I love the author's sense of humor. 

I didn't like the ending, but I won't talk about why and give up the book. 

This was such a unique concept, and it shed a light on how people who weren't white were treated during the gold rush and when the railroads were being built. 

It also explores the topics of gender identity and sexuality in a very unique way. 

I can't say enough good things about this book. The only bad thing I can say is that I am not happy with the way it ended. I was kind of freaking out because I thought this was a trilogy and that was it for Rhett and Sam and their little posse. 

However, I just found out that the author wrote 1 more book for this series, Treason of Hawks! I'm so excited that I get to see what happens next with them! I am just disappointed that I have to wait until October to read it!

Treason of Hawks (The Shadow, #4)


No comments:

Post a Comment