Thursday, September 27, 2018

Spoiled Gambit (Jagged Scars #4.5) by Jo Schneider

Spoiled Gambit
Cal screwed up. He trusted the wrong guy. Wendy almost died and Shelter fell. In an attempt to assuage his own guilt, Cal joined a dangerous mission to lead the Primate's people away from the survivors. 
While laying a false trail for the Primate's Skinnies, Cal discovers some old friends, but he also finds an enemy even more dangerous than the Primate. Now the group must decide if their objective has changed. Cal will do anything to prove to the others, and maybe himself, that he is not a traitor. But will it be enough to keep his friends safe?

Review

Before I say anything at all about this book, I just have to say - I did not expect Cal to be as attractive as he is depicted on the cover of this book. I was picturing someone way nerdier, but he is a total hottie on the cover.

If you haven't read the other books in the series, read my review of the first book, Fractured Memories.

This novella was a great way to get back into the series. It gave me a bit of a refresher on what happened in book # 4, Crippled Hope, since it had been a while since I read it. This short is just as good as the rest of the series, though. 

I really like Cal! I Am so happy that he was given a whole novella to try to make up for his mistakes. I don't want to give anything away, but I hope that what happens in this novella helps give Cal a second chance in the next book. 

This was a great intro to the last book in the series! I am super excited to read Broken World, now! I am just sad that the series is coming to an end. 

Thank you, Jo Schneider, for sending me a copy of this book! 



No comments:

Post a Comment